Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Wild Sheep Chase

I read A Wild Sheep Chase. I didn't get a chance to finish the whole book just yet but I will finish it. I think mainly what I liked about this book was how descriptive it was. How the author described every character in pretty good detail. When he would describe the girlfriends he would mention things about them that alot of other authors wouldn't describe people in books. Like the First girl she chain smoked and everyone knew she would sleep with anyone. That is how she was known and described. Then the wife he had when he was alone in his place he wished he had something of hers to drape over the seat and he mentioned her leaving her slip but she didnt leave it. Then the girlfriend after that he described her ears and how he liked her ears and how she would never show her ears. It was just so strange the things the author chose to pick out and describe the details of. I think thats why I liked the book so much because its not like very many other books I have read. I enjoyed the detail of how the author did not mention any names. I got confused from girlfriend to girlfriend when the author would call her "she" because i kept just going back to the first girl even though i knew she was dead. Either way I enjoyed the amount that I have read so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment