Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Hobbit

It was very difficult for me to read The Hobbit. The entire time I just kept picturing the Lord of the Rings movies the entire time and filling in the parts that would remind me of the Lord of the Rings movies with what I would have seen in the movies. I enjoyed reading the book though. It wasn't as hard to read as I thought it would be. One of the things I liked the most about this book was how it described a lot of the characters and the settings in just the right amount of detail that it was possible for the reader to imagine what the setting looked like or what the character looked like with the way the author wanted them/ it to be seen and also still leaving enough up to the imagination that you could customize your own setting or character.
The book moved surprisingly fast at the beginning to get into the adventure part of the book. I was expecting it to drag out for quite a while like it did in the Lord of the Rings. I enjoyed all the mythical creatures like the Elves who in this book they kind of made me feel like they were scary by saying how they were entering the darkness  but yet still wonderful while in the movies they portrayed them as perfection and in very light. I liked how the book described Gollum by saying " I dont know where he came from, now who or what he was. He was Gollum...." and also how it said he was a small slimy creature. He is described as a very sneaky individual in the book which is perfect because that is how I see him when I read the books or watch the movies.
I enjoyed reading this book it was full of adventure. I didn't find it to be boring at all even though there were parts that were a little slow I still enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment